|by Ashutosh Karnatak|
Life is not a 'brief candle'. It is a splendid torch that I want to make it to burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.”
Our life is full of strife a struggle, somehow we are passing time. Every day is a challenge to encounter with. One problem gets over, another knocks the door and it has become everlasting.Problems are because they are problems. But it is interesting to note that No problem is everlasting, all problem find some or other solution, but only, man is to face it, which is the nerve centre for all such activities. Total onus lies on the man –how he behaves under such circumstances and deals with the situation. It is analogous the situation of Abhimanue in the battle of Mahabharata, when he was inside the ring and he was not knowing how to come… out – in that situation only one solution is to have OPTIMISM till end.
Man with Optimism is real enjoyer of life.
Optimism can be understood by meaning of same situation by two persons based on the real example – one of our known got heart attack and admitted in the hospital after some time his nerves were slowing down and doctors declared him dead and he was covered with white cover .But one of other colleague was standing there and thinking about his untimely demise but his mind was thinking something else .Suddenly ,he found a sense of vibration inside that white cover and then his optimistic sense prevailed , he called doctors to check it then his death became history and the man is still surviving.Optimism up to the extent that a dead person shall become alive is required to fight battle of life.
Are you optimist: Simple way to identify is?
Advantage of becoming Optimist:
1) Better Health: After traversing through adulthood, when one crosses age of 40, he becomes more concerned about his health as by that time he must have achieved good financial position, good schooling for children, harmonious atmosphere at home, but health start deteriorating due to aging and if one is not optimistic then effect is more on the health therefore with aging more optimism is required. A sick man can recover faster with the help of optimism than a pessimistic one.
Dr.Benard Lown M.D. a Nobel Prize winner in his book “The lost art of healing has healing has mention,” Faith and optimism have life giving qualities .Hippocrates the father of medicine, said,” for some patient, though conscious that their position is perilous, recover their health simply through their contentment with the physicians.” That comes from trust, which a doctor promotes by conveying optimism.
”Further, a new study conducted by researchers at the Psychiatric Center GGZ Delfland, Delft, the Netherlands, suggests that highly optimistic people have lower risks of all-cause death, and lower rates of cardiovascular death than those with high levels of pessimism.
The team led by Erik J. Giltayand colleagues analyzed data from the Arnhem Elderly Study to test whether participants who are optimistic live longer than patients who are pessimistic.
From the above, it has been scientifically proven that optimism reduces all types of health hazards and improves health. So why not to have optimism.2) Ease in work and more success: It a known fact that man with optimism shall have less personal ego and shall find himself better placed amidst of others. He receives corporation from others in getting the job done, thus impediment and resistance is eased out, leading to more success .optimistic person always get help from others more easily than the pessimistic one. As the pessimistic person shall leave the job as soon as some hurdle is encountered with a mental pretext ,” Many problems are coming better leave it .” ,on the contrary the optimistic person shall try to encounter that hurdle with a thought in mind , “ Let me attempt once more” . This “Once More” syndrome is key of success.
Thus, why not to be Optimistic.
3) Better acceptability in society: As per Maslow theory of needs, social recognition is one of the last of the need of a man. By having optimism, one shall garner more respect in the society .People see him with a differentiation. His statement has value for others. People look towards him for solution because optimistic person always strive for a solution. People like to talk to such person as he inspires others to live. People get energized after taking with him. He becomes a source of energy for others.
4) Desire to live: As mentioned above, our life is full of struggle and day in and day out, we scuffle with the circumstances and at one of other man breaks down and feels this life as burden. At this point optimist person does not leave desire to live rather takes the situation as a challenge and fights back. Optimist person enjoys the life given by God. He not only generates desire within himself but also inspires others to live and enjoy.
There are other numerous advantages of adopting optimistic attitude. But some may argue that in an environment of pollution; challenges, frustrations struggle how to remain optimist, when lost of the time feature are received despite of best effort. How to develop optimism. The statement is correct. In order to handle it the“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence."
“You see things and say, 'Why?', but I dream things and say, 'Why not?' "
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens.”
“The harder you fall, the higher you bounce."
Caution: Optimistic person is required to have one caution, which may lead them to be OVERCONFIDENT. Therefore it is an advice to optimistic fellows,
2) Living in Present: Consider every moment is the new moment and requires to be lived accordingly. Present is the moment which needs to be lived before it becomes past.
3) Dawn follows Dusk: Life is not always in the same pattern .ups and downs are bound to come. Optimistic persons sees light after every darkness and waits for it and with this hope he travels in the journey of life and ultimately with this hope and optimism they get one day the required result . Believe firmly on the fact,” Dawn Follows Dusk.” May be some nights are longer than others, but it is definite that Dawn follows dusk. Requirement is to maintain patience.
4) It is not the end of life: End of the life happens only once , which is of course not in our hands .But before that generally after having any failure ,we feel that it is the end of life an we shall not be gain any thing in life . Despite of all my labor nothing was received. I won’t want to live. Such pessimistic thoughts shall not be able to retrieve the situation but definitely cause problems for future. It is not the end of the world or life. Total future is in front of you and failures are not permanent, tomorrow you are going to succeed. Take inspiration from the following quote,
“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
1)Future is bright: Last but not the least, past may have bitter experience, present is today and tomorrow is unknown to us. Consider it as brighter than earlier .why not to think brighter side of the situation. With hope that future is brighter, take the life as stride and be optimistic.
So decision is yours, be optimistic – be happy.
2) “Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one’s better abilities or ideas, but the courage one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk and to act.”
How to remain healthy: At least this much can be done
1)Positive Meditation (PM): Take out time in the morning for long breathing and give auto suggestion to yourself on “What you want to improve. Suppose you want to leave smoking ,
After a while sit for 5 minutes meditation and send signals to your mind that you have left smoking, your lungs has started improving etc etc.
It’s a tested method – Called Positive Meditation.
Future Forecast: from 15 Jan- 15 Feb 05