By Ashutosh Karnatak
|Good Timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the tree- J. Willard Marriott. |
Perseverance makes the person a strong tree that can face strong wind of any adversary during the course of achieving the target. One having these qualities does not deviate from any difficulty. Their belief on self is very strong with positive thoughts. During the course of persuasion of the targets, they in turn tap their most of the hidden potential, which empowers them continuously. Take the example of Abraham Lincoln who has failed 9 times before being elected as president of USA:
|“Failed in business at age 21,Was defeated in a legislative race at 22; |
Failed again in business at age 24;
Overcame death of his sweetheart at the age of 26;
Had a nervous breakdown at age 27;
Lost his congressional race at age 34;
Lost his congressional race at age 36;
Lost the senatorial race at 45;
Failed on an effort to become vice-president at age 47;
Lost the senatorial race at 49;
Was elected as president of United States at age 52”
No example can be better than this pleading for quality of perseverance that Lincoln has shown to the world. How many of us practice this. Another example of perseverance may be the Henry Ford; owner of Ford vehicle has shown long ago. He decided to develop motor having entire 8 cylinders cast on one block and instructed engineers to develop a design for such an engine. Engineers told that it is an impossible idea, but Ford did not concede to this and ask to produce the same. After passing of one year engineers could not develop the engine and found it more impossible. But Ford did not concede and advised to work continuously on the concept and told; “I want this and you have to develop it anyway” and this was the point of which turned failure into success. Ultimately engineers could develop the engine which ahs become one of the, most popular engine in the world. Now had Ford not kept perseverance, the engine could not had been possible. Therefore, this sort of thinking/tendency is required.
Never, Never, Never Give Up!
|1. Every time nobody can be successful.|
2. Be optimistic.
3. Develop Patience.
4. Put your heart and soul in the job
1. Every time nobody can be successful: It is my vivid experience that results are consequence of our mindset and every time one cannot become successful. Life is a mixture of successes and failures. If the ratio of success and failure is more than one, man is considered as successful thus reformat your mind, “In case in some of the undertaking if I am not succeeded, nothing big, heavens are not going to fall. One can not reap success every time however I will not give up and I will embrace failure as well.”
2. Be Optimistic and Hopeful: Really, optimism is the only tool, which could be depended upon to lead a happy life. In this after any failure, one finds positive reason for consolation and get ready to strike again. A optimistic person can be optimistic up to that extent that he feels that a dead man will get up from the coffin after some magic. In fact they do not see the darker side of their life, they despise it.
3. Develop Patience: Perseverance is synonymous to patience. A person not having patience cannot wait for results endlessly, on the contrary person-having patience can do miracle. Take the example of Addison who has invented the Light Bulb. He did experiment at least 10000 times before succeeding to final out come but every time he was not successful. But he did not abandon experimenting. He has patience. When asked, “How you could sustain your work for such a long time.” He replied modestly that after every experiment, he was getting new idea for modifications and ultimately he could produce Bulbs being used today in every house.
4. Put your Heart and Soul Together: It has been old saying that any work done half-heartedly yield half results only. During childhood parents used to say that while studying concentrate on studies only, don’t get diverted. If this sermon is extended, the meaning is while studying put your heart and soul to that. In this process, any individual is undertaking, it has reflection of his soul and all the energies are vectored in that direction. It is very essential to have success in any undertaking. As there is no diversion of thought and actions are also synchronized with the thought. Consequently, maximum transfer of the energy into effort helps in positive results. So, Perseverance can be developed, start following above mentioned techniques .
|New formulas can also be developed based on the individual personality. However, whenever you feel down just remember following: |
|Future Forecast |
(From 16 December -15 January) - By Ashutosh K.
(Fortune is supplementary to Karma – thus Karma is to be done in any case. After reading the forecast for the month the reader to take advantage of good period and manage the life, but don’t loose heart in adverse conditions because “Dawn follows Dusk”)