By Ashutosh Karnatak
One day when I was traveling towards my office, a phone was received from one of my friend. In order to know his welfare, I posed questions about his family members, he uttered that his wife was suffering from spine related problem compounded by the same problem is being faced by him. Then I thought that how he might be feeling inside, still he is with the same vigor and going to his works. This inner virtue is nothing but “Inner Strength (IS) “ which is required to live in day to day. It is the real strength rather than physical. In fact, you might have seen physically impaired people, struggling to live life – they also have tremendous internal strength.
Draupadi in Epic Mahabharata is an apt example of Inner strength – after being humiliated by Duryodhana – she never tried to commit suicide. In today’s context, such a case would have led to suicide as we come across such cases in our day-to-day life – which indicates that such persons lack Inner Strength.
Most of the time due to financial crisis, one is not able to study and parents find it difficult to have means to meet both ends. However, with their inner strength, they are able to face the situation .In our society plethora of such examples is there. All these fellows have tremendous inner strength, which helps them to face the situation and discourage them from breakdown .Similarly in day-to-day life every now and then, whether in office or at home or in society – we encounter situation where the need for inner strength is felt. One who has it – finds courage to face the situation.
Advantages of Inner Strength (IS) are listed below:
Techniques to Develop Inner Strength (IS): Some of the techniques based on the experiences are given below:
1) Fight with circumstances: One of the essential requirements is to develop a tendency to fight with the circumstances; generally, one succumbs to the pressures and surrenders. Whenever some negative event takes place it exerts negative pressure inside the human being.. Some of us are able to sustain it due to inner strength, whereas some of us are not able to take it. Here lies are the difference. The person having more IS can fight better and have more successful moments in life as compared to others. So
Whenever negative event take place, prepare your self mentally to fight it
2) Gradual development: It is not an affair of one day; inner strength can be developed gradually after practice. A weak heart, which cannot withstand untoward condition and is not able to cope with it, has to decide on the need of inner strength and develop it gradually.
• First one needs to decide that IS has to be developed;
First time it might be difficult but gradually you will find that you have developed inner strength to fight against odds and when ever such circumstances are cropping up, you are ready to face it.
3) Develop tolerance Tolerance is the key to success: You might have experienced that in case of adverse situation, you react immediately in a belligerent manner and get angry which :
So at this point of time , it is better to be tolerant .Tolerance has different meaning in the dictionary but the word being used is meant for “Power to absorb “, “Endurance “ or Resilience , which is required to be developed in present age of living.. Some time you encounter such situations, which are equivalent to swallowing poison, and when one is able to achieve it – he develops tremendous inner strength. Again, it is a gradual progress, which may take some years. Later, if somebody tries to provoke you with insults – you may not react to that situation and handle it coolly. Net effect is you are not losing your calm and peace.
4) Synergize all energy sources: In order to fight against the odd circumstances, it is essential to have all the energy sources synergized. Different energy sources are mental, inner-self., physical etc. One important aspect is this that the inner strength is less dependent upon the physical strength. Some time you might have seen that the person having strength that is more physical and breaking down in indifferent circumstances.
5) Do meditation: It is the key to success or developing inner strength (IS). Sit quietly at any place.
•Close your eyes for 5-10 minutes.
Readers are requested to follow these techniques in developing Inner strength, face the world with more confidence, and get success in life. Mind it, it is you and you only, who are responsible for all good and bad from the life. So build more and more inner strength (IS) and face this indifferent world.
Future Forecast: September 2007